Gain of Moxon antenna is about 5.5dBi and this is real gain. This antenna is tuned for frequencies (868,900 or 915 Mhz).
This frequency is mainly used by Crossfire, FRSKY, ExpressLRS, LORA, LoraWAN transmiters.
Moxon can be visualized as a 2-element yagi with the element tips bent towards one another.
This is great upgrade to typical rubberduckies equipped with transmitters. Range extension is over 70% !
Moxon antenna has high gain, has very good characteristics and is "almost" omnidirectional. It has null only on back of antenna.
Moxon antenna offers three advantages:
- Small in physical size - which makes an excellent field antenna.
- Outstanding front to back ratio. The Moxon's front-to-back ratio models is about 30dB
- The Moxon is a 50ohm antenna, generating a near perfect 1:1swr without requiring any additional matching devices. It is also quite broadbanded allowing for effective full band coverage.
- Extremly wide beamwidth when used verticaly - over 250 degrees
Our ProFlex Dipole is good quality antenna that we always tune for desired frequency. So if you will place order for 868MHZ then you will get antenna specially tuned for that frequency.
Specification of Prodrone Mox_r antenna
- Bandwidth: 868, 900, 915MHz (frequency is chooseable)
- Beam width: over 250 degrees
- Gain: 5,5 dBi
- Antenna length (from end to end, with cable): ~18cm(+-3cm)
- Antenna conductor: 1mm silver covered pure copper
- vSWR: lower than 1.2
- Maximum power input: 50W
- Weight of antenna: ~20g