Gain of Moxon antenna is about 5.5dBi and this is real gain. This antenna is tuned for frequencies 2400-2450Mhz which are used in RC transmitters.
Moxon can be visualized as a 2-element yagi with the element tips bent towards one another.
This is great upgrade to typical rubberduckies equipped with transmitters. Range extension is over 70% !
Moxon antenna has high gain, has very good characteristics and is "almost" omnidirectional. It has null only on back of antenna.
The Moxon antenna offers three advantages over a typical two element Yagi:
- Small in physical size - which makes an excellent field antenna.
- Outstanding front to back ratio. The Moxon's front-to-back ratio models is about 30dB.
- The Moxon is a 50ohm antenna, generating a near perfect 1:1 swr without requiring any additional matching devices. It is also quite broadbanded allowing for effective full band coverage.
Specification of Prodrone Moxon antenna
- Bandwidth: 2400-2480 MHz
- Beam width: over 180 degrees
- Gain: 5,5 dBi
- Cable length: ~7cm
- Antenna conductor: 1mm silver covered pure copper
- vSWR: lower than 1.3
- Maximum power input: 50W
- Connector: SMA or RP-SMA
- Weight of antenna: ~6g